Wednesday 28 October 2009

THIS IS IT




"Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son"


She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son..
That's my favorite part of all MJ's lyrics, and the funny thing is I've never realized that was the exact words until today, when I watch This Is It in the theater.
The movie itself is a documentary of his latest concert, the This Is It, if you are a Michael Jackson fans, I highly recommend it, as it shows how great he is as an entertainer, a performer, a singer, a dancer. the most interesting part for me is the part where Michael shows his perfectionist drive for his work, it's fun to see him cringe as things don't go as it should be, and how he handles such things, I know it sounds weird, but you have to watch it yourself to understand what I mean.

Being a controversial person as he is, Michael Jackson has had many, or dare I say much things happen to him, from his bittersweet childhood, his golden era in the 80-90's, and his controversial fiesco in the late 90's until he passed away.

One thing that I remembered when I was a kid, in the 90's, I was doing MJ dancing things with my brother and cousin, we turned the car's front lamp on and acting as we were in the stage, and that car lamp is like a stage lamp, a giant spotlight. We did everything, from the moonwalk to the crotch grabbing moves.

People may say he's a freak, child molester, or anything, but for me he is still the king. In my opinion there is no one that has match MJ right now (in his achievement), and the world has lost its best possession, not in years, or decades, but centuries, yes it has lost its best possession in centuries.


1 comment:

  1. feel sad after saw the movie..still can't believe that he's already passed away..
    he's such a talented singer and admirable entertainer..I love all his songs..especially
    "The way you make me feel" that always makes me want to dance every time i hear it..
    Sadly we cannot sing and dance while we watch the movie..hehe..

    ReplyDelete