Tuesday 8 September 2009

FASHION SENSE

someone said, "either you born with it or you're not.."

While I was putting together a look for my friend Ira, she asked me this question "Yu, I just can't understand why you could always put together a style that is unique and flawless?", well the truth is that I can't answer that question directly, then I remembered those saying..

Well, not just for somebody else though. when I was still in the undergraduate program, I was voted as the most fashionable one, it intrigues me, as I don't feel like I'm putting that much effort choosing what I wore back then (neither do I nowadays), but people seems to think that I was the person who shops branded and expensive items, and looks great with effort.. To tell you the truth, I was a very picky shopper, I won't buy stuffs like, hmmm for example shirt, that cost more than Rp. 120.000 (12USD), and pants that costs more than Rp 200.000 (20USD), because I live in a very great town, which is Bandung, that has so many factory outlets, that allows me to buy great items for just a fraction of it's counter price..Then for the effort part, I think I'm not putting any effort at all, when I was dressing myself, as I always gets up late in the morning, sometimes I don't have the time to get a shower, so how can I have time to think what clothes that I gonna wear everyday..?

Then I spent like 15 minutes thinking about it, and I came up with several hypothesis about it:
1. It's my height: well I'm 183 cm tall (about 6-ish foot), more or less I think height is very helpful to make a person stands out in the crowd..
2. It's my ability to work the clothes, I don't understand it either, but a lot of tv shows said that you actually could work your clothes, so that even if you wear a potato sack, you still looks good in it..
3. Hmm, maybe my vast collection of basic fashion things, style-wise and color-wise, so it prevented me to look ridiculous, even if I dress in the dark..
4. Maybe it's just my sixth sense..?

Then, the moral of this post is:
It's great if you were born with a fashion sense, but if you think that you're not, or need to pump up your look, feel free to contact me, I'm part-timing as a freelance private fashion buyer and conceptor, with a low commission starting from 20% of your total shopping price, and friendly price for last minute concept, ahahahaahahahahaha!

As Yves Saint Laurent said while was alive.."fashion may come and go, but style is forever", if you think you're lacking of it, there's other people who can help you..!

NB: confidentiality agreement available

No comments:

Post a Comment